The question as to what are the benefits of elderberry has been bothering many health-conscious people. It is actually very easy to answer; it is a naturally occurring substance found in nature. It is one of those “superfoods” that have been making waves in health and fitness circles for the last couple of years. This article will focus on some of the numerous health benefits that can be obtained from consuming this powerful anti-oxidant.
One of the most important questions that must be answered when discussing the topic of what are the benefits of elderberry is why it could help slow down the aging process. As we age, there are quite a number of changes that take place within our bodies. Some of these changes result to an increased susceptibility towards diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and cancer. Anti-oxidants are extremely important in maintaining a healthy heart, so much so that they have been considered as the “cure” for these diseases.
The role of anti-oxidants in slowing down the aging process is not all that complex. Basically, they help keep our cells, our organs, and our entire body functioning properly. It also helps keep us from experiencing pain, discomfort, and weakness. Anti-oxidants can provide a lot of benefits to older individuals. Among these are the following:
– Elderberry contains flavonoids or polyphenols. These have been discovered to be effective in lowering the total blood pressure in human beings. They also contribute to the anti-aging process by preventing cell mutation and the deterioration of muscle tissues. Aside from these, it also helps prevent other diseases from occurring.
– This fruit is loaded with antioxidants. It has more anti-oxidants compared to red wine. This is actually one of the main reasons why many people prefer elderberry extract over other health supplements. The benefits of elderberry extracts also extends beyond the realm of anti-oxidants, as it also helps improve overall circulation. Its effect is similar to the one of red wine, wherein it can help improve circulation.
– It contains calcium, which is necessary in keeping bones strong and flexible. Bones are usually broken down during the aging process, especially if someone is continuously exposed to hard knocks. Calcium is known to help repair bones and keep them flexible. Aside from this, calcium is essential in ensuring strong teeth and hair. As long as you have sufficient amounts of calcium in your body, you will never suffer from the various diseases associated with aging.
– It can improve the appearance of your skin. Wrinkles and fine lines tend to develop on the skin as we age. One of the most noticeable symptoms is fine hair lines. Elderberry extracts can help get rid of these fine lines and wrinkles by plumping up the skin underneath. It can also prevent the skin from sagging, making your appearance younger and smoother.
So now that you know what are the benefits of elderberry, make sure to incorporate it into your daily diet. Drink the juice regularly. Use the extract for skin care treatment. Take a hundred mg of the extract every day. You will surely be amazed with the various benefits of this legendary food. And of course, you can start enjoying the many other health benefits that comes with taking in this fruit.
– Anti-oxidants are very important for our overall health. When you do not get enough anti-oxidants, you become prone to getting diseases that can lead to very serious problems like cancer. Elderberry contains a lot of anti-oxidants. As a result, your immune system is strengthened and your risk for getting diseases is low.
– It can keep you healthy and fit. Older people tend to become more sedentary. But when they incorporate fruits and vegetables into their daily diet, they feel much healthier. This has also been linked to having lesser incidences of strokes and heart attacks. And, of course, having a slim and firm skin.
Now that you know more about what are the benefits of elderberry, try incorporating it into your lifestyle. Take a handful of the berries each day. You may be pleasantly surprised at how you look and feel. So, what are the benefits of elderberry for the rest of us? Let me know what you think!